Chicken in French pastry with apple chutney
Poultry roasted in French pastry is a very elegant dish that looks impressive on the plate. The delicate taste of chicken is worth complementing with a fruity note – we suggest dry apple chutney.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 500 g mushrooms
- 1 piece of chilled French pastry
- 1 kg of sour apples
- 2 fresh red chilli
- 50 ml of white wine vinegar
- 100 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- a bit of oil
- 2 eggs
- Wash the mushrooms and cut them into small slices;
- Fry the mushrooms in oil, with a little bit of salt until they release water and become golden, set aside to cool;
- Grease the chicken breasts with oil, salt and pepper, fry on both sides to make them golden;
- Combine both breasts to create an even roll;
- Spread fried mushrooms evenly on a sheet of chilled French pastry and place the chicken breast roll on the edge. Wrap everything in the pastry.
- Spread whisked eggs on the pastry and place on a baking tray on parchment paper and put in the oven preheated to 180°C for 10-12 minutes.
- Wash and peel the apples and cut them into pieces;
- Chop the chilli and mix everything together in a pot, sprinkling with sugar;
- Stew for a few minutes on low heat, add and evaporate vinegar.
- After taking the chicken out, set it aside for 5-6 minutes to cool down and then cut it into thick slices. Serve with the apple chutney.